What is the process to get transcripts from WBUT

Written by on January 17, 2018

Follow the steps to get transcript from WBUT

1. Collect the challan and transcript application form from India bank ( beside the university). Click here to download the form .  print and fill before you go to university.

2. Fill the form which requires you to fill all the semester GPA marks. mention list of universities where the transcripts needs to be sent.

3. passport size photograph .

4. Attested copy of your marksheets. (carry originals as well)

5. Each copy of transcript cost 500 rupees (Please verify before applying for transcript).

Please subscribe my youtube channel to get your query answered in minutes. Click here to subscribe

Fill both the forms, attach photo and go to university building. Go to room 111 for verification. University official will verify both the forms and your mark sheet photo copies. If they are not attested, show them the originals they will sign both the forms and then you need to go to finance section(room 107).

Once they sign then again head back to bank. Go to cash counter, show the challan and pay the amount. Once that is done again head back to university room 111 and submit the form. They will return you receipt keep it safe. You will need it to collect the transcript. It will take 21 working days for the transcript to be ready.

Keep in mind. you have to complete it by before lunch hour. Post lunch staffs can be unavailable and finance counter can be closed.

If you are not going in person then download the transcript form and fill it and give it to someone you know along with other documents mentioned above

If you are sending some one to collect the transcript, then give him a authorization letter. The person needs to carry a photo Id, photo id xerox and receipt.

WBUT in Google Map

DISCLAIMER: Above summarized information is based on the experience and to guide you about the process. WBUT may update their process anytime. It is recommended to verify your query directly with them.



Tagged as ,

  1. Debarati Mitra   On   June 13, 2018 at 6:33 am

    I am currently in Lucknow and have done my MA in English and B.ed from university of Calcutta.
    I can’t go to Calcutta right now.
    What is the process of collecting transcipts

  2. Avik Karmakar   On   June 15, 2018 at 9:14 pm

    Sir I have few questions
    1. My college is Durgapur Institute of Advance Technology which is under WBUT University. Transcript should be from WBUT only right?
    2. WES ask for transcript , mark sheet and degree certificate. So, I have to send these three things or in transcript (From WBUT If Question 1 yes) everything will be included?
    2. Will WBUT send me that transcript? I read that envelop should be sealed and signed but what about mark sheet and degree certificate? What should be envelop size?
    3. I am going do WES for Canada. Will it be valid for USA (Employment, College)?

    • Som   On   June 16, 2018 at 10:53 am

      Please check my separate video on How to apply for WES. You get detail answer there.
      1. Yes
      2. Transcript and degree certificate to include
      3. Yes. Put sealed transcript and degree in a bigger envelope. size doesn’t matter.
      4. No. academic evaluation and evaluation for immigration or employment are different. please check with wes customer care.

      • Deep   On   July 9, 2018 at 1:11 am

        Great article SOM. A couple of queries though:
        1. Is there any online process or someone has to physically visit WBUT for the process?
        2. Does WBUT provide both the degree certificate and transcript in the sealed envelope or I would be required to add the copy of degree certificate along with sealed envelope received from WBUT?

        • Som   On   July 11, 2018 at 11:27 am

          1. I’m not sure if they have introduced online request for this. But if you cant visit in person , you can send any one on behalf of you.
          2. May be or not. I always suggest to get the trascript from university then you enclose a copy of degree certificate and courier to WES.

  3. Avik Karmakar   On   June 17, 2018 at 10:04 am

    1. Should I send mark sheet , degree and transcript (WBUT) in separate envelop to WES(Canada PR) or everything will be included in transcript?
    2. I read that envelope that should be signed and sealed across the back flap by the institution preparing the documents. Will WBUT do that?
    3. Will this transcript be valid for US WES also? So that I will ask another copy of transcript.
    Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

  4. Sanket thombe   On   June 24, 2018 at 11:17 am

    Hii sir my name is sanket.i have BSC.hs degree from Pune University. I need transcript from Pune University. But I’m working in dubai.can you tell me how I process pls.

  5. Rahul Chakrabortty   On   June 26, 2018 at 1:58 pm

    Hi, I’m gonna apply for ECA through WES. I did my Bachelor Degree from a private college under WBUT. Is it necessary to get the transcript only from UNIVERSITY? Can I do it from my college?

  6. Saty   On   July 12, 2018 at 7:48 pm

    Hi Som,
    I did my B.Tech from WBUT and currently I am in Pune with no family members to help for transcript. Is there someone who can do this on my behalf? I checked mailscript but charges are a lot. I will appreciate your response. Thanks.

  7. Jay   On   July 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm

    Hi Som,

    Its mentioned in the form to mention list of universities where the transcripts needs to be sent. Is it mandatory? Do I need to jot down first the colleges I want to apply?

  8. Amit   On   July 30, 2018 at 10:50 am

    Hi Som!!
    Great Article!!
    One small query, by paying 500rs, Do I get only ONE transcript opy or a pair of Transcripts? If I need 6 copies, then do I have to pay 3000rs? Pls Help.

  9. Koeli Moulik   On   August 3, 2018 at 5:09 pm

    Will a scanned signed authorization letter work or do I need to send a hard copy? I am currently in US and have no option of travelling to India in near future.

  10. Aritra Chakraborty   On   September 10, 2018 at 6:25 am

    Hello Som,
    Very informative indeed.
    However need to know, whether the Transcript process can be initiated from Salt Lake Office or I heard that the Department moved to Kalyani.
    Can you please comfirm.

  11. Subhadip Sarkar   On   September 15, 2018 at 1:36 pm

    I found your Youtube channel really useful. Thanks for sharing these hard to get info. Couple of questions with regards to WES evaluation – 1. Does WBUT send the transcripts to our residence address( in Kolkata) after 20-25 days of application at their Haringhata campus ,and if so, do they follow all the required instructions(like putting in a sealed and signed envelope and signing across the back flip cover)? 2. How many copies of transcripts are required for WES evaluation? 3. Please correct me if I am wrong, as I understand, the list of docs that we are required to send to WES includes Degree certificate photocopy (need not be attested), transcripts issued by WBUT and put in a sealed and signed envelope, mark sheet photocopies (attested by university/college. Is that all or am I missing something? All these documents then need to be put in a bigger envelope and sent to WES. 4. Can I send someone else to collect on my behalf with authorization letter, ID proof, and the photocopies of my scanned docs(WBUT transcript application form,marksheet and degree certificate)? Thanks again for your wonderful work. Cheers !

  12. Sreyasi Malakar   On   October 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

    I am currently applying to some universities in US and i have also recieved my official transcripts from my college. But some of the universities where i am applying to require the official transcripts to be sent via my college to them directly . How do i do that ? and how is my college going to send them ? is it via electronically ? and is the process free? please help

    • Som   On   October 11, 2018 at 11:30 am

      Hi Sreyashi. If any university specifically asking for transcript from your univ directly then you have no other choice. But most of the universities courier to US university as per the university address you give them. So not to worry about it. Your university will collect the transcript and international courier fee from you.

  13. Sourish Ganguly   On   October 3, 2018 at 6:42 am

    Hello, sir. I have two questions.
    1. Is it absolutely mandatory for all the semester marksheets to get attested? I only have my TC, CC, and PC and final semester marksheet attested. I have the originals as well.
    2. If it is mandatory, by whom (principal or HOD, etc) is the attestation considered valid?
    Thank you in advance.

  14. Soumika   On   November 27, 2018 at 2:52 am

    Is it necessary to get attested copies from college? Is it possible that self attested scans would work? Also, is it necessary to carry originals? I am in a different city and wish to send someone else on my behalf.

  15. Pranav Kumar   On   December 6, 2018 at 12:57 pm

    Hey, nice article. From December 1st WES has changed rules and now the university has to send the transcripts directly to WES. Do you have any idea if WBUT does that (i.e. takes international courier charges and sends the sealed transcripts to Canada)..

Leave a Reply